Wednesday 19 November 2014

Day 15


Day 15

I’m glad I packed last night as all morning I was busy handing out clothes. By the time I had left the 3 suitcases full of children’s clothes we had brought some of which were kindly donated by parents of Church Drive Primary School had all gone!
 
 





In between giving out clothes, different people came to say goodbye to me including the head teacher and Justine. Kisaakye Rita also came to give me a letter of thanks for her present. She had recovered from Malaria.

Joshua came to pick me up for the 4 hour drive to Entebbe airport. Joshua took me to see Lake Victoria on the way to the airport for a ‘last bit of sun’. It was 27 degrees Celsius.
 



 
Joshua left me at the departure lounge at Entebbe airport at 6 p.m. My plane was leaving at 11.30 p.m. I felt a bit nervous travelling home on my own. I met a man who was travelling to Schiphol airport. He was born in Uganda but now lived in Canada. He showed me where to check in. I didn’t see him again until I was boarding the plane. He knew I was worried about finding my gate at Schiphol airport which is huge! After an 8 and half hour flight I arrived in Amsterdam. When I got off the plane the man I had spoken to at Entebbe airport was waiting for me. He very kindly helped me find my gate! An American lady chatted to me while we waited for the plane to take us to Manchester airport. When we checked our seat tickets she was sitting next to me! So I managed to arrive back to England on my own without getting lost!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment